The Dor le Dor Campaign
The King David Schools’ Foundation Dor le Dor (Generation to Generation) campaign is focused on creating the engine that will drive a sustainable future for King David Schools. Funds received for the endowment are invested, and only the interest generated is applied to support school programmes which include continuation of the schools’ subsidy programme, (which provides financial assistance for Jewish learners in need), supporting enhanced development of our Teaching Programme, (which includes attracting and retaining quality teachers), as well as the expansion of our Learning Programme, (which includes strengthening academic, religious, cultural and sporting curricula).
“The Dor le Dor Campaign aims to raise an initial R100m for the Endowment Fund.”
Capital growth and income generated from the Endowment Fund will be applied to the following five Key Strategic Initiatives:
1. Continuation of our Subsidy Programme – Financial assistance for Jewish learners in need
2. Enhanced Development of our Teaching Programme – Attracting and retaining quality teachers
3. Expansion of our Learning Programme – Strengthening academic, religious, cultural and sporting curricula
4. Improvement of our Infrastructure – Upgrading our facilities and technology
5. Support of our Outreach Programme – Enhancing our commitment to previously disadvantaged communities
King David is of the belief that a world-class school requires a world-class network.